[Commotion-discuss] Has anyone enable Commotion node for mobile environment?

Paul Liu paulsc.liu at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 01:47:51 EDT 2015

Has anyone ever tried to enable Commotion node for mobile environment?

Here is the usage scenario: School field trip.

We have groups of elementary school students who will go on field trip for
observation. Some places that they will visit might have weak or no 3G/4G
cellphone service.

We would like to enable them to take pictures using tablets and share their
observation through a local installed https://www.humhub.org/en/overview

Each node will be in a backpack and with enough Li-Ion battery to power the
setup. 4G phone will connected to the node through USB for internet
connection.

There will be several groups each lead by a teacher who carry the Commotion
node. Each node will move with students in walking speed.

We plan to install service to track students realtime GPS location and
offer text chat service.

If this work, maybe it will also be useful for search and rescue operation.

Best Regards
Paul Liu