[Commotion-discuss] powering ubiquiti devices with solar power

Adam Longwill adam.longwill at metamesh.org
Thu Mar 5 17:14:15 EST 2015

Meta Mesh has done a proof-of-concept for solar powered ubnt nodes. We
powered a ubnt Rocket overnight using a solar cell and battery. I don't
have the details of exactly what we used BUT I do know that the lowest
voltage recommened by Ubiquiti is 15v but we had ours working off a battery
at 12v. We recommend using 2 12v batteries or a 24v battery. Someone with
better electrical knowledge can correct me, please, or fill in details.

We DID find this really cool setup which is an all-in-one solution to
powering and storing the batteries. Check it out!

http://tyconpower.com/products/files/RemotePro_Spec_Sheet.pdf

We are hoping we can get one in the next grant we apply for for a local
baseball field with no Internet/Electricity access but is within range of
other nodes.

Hope that Helps.

Sign up for our mailing list for details. We'll be announcing some cool
stuff this month!

http://www.metamesh.org/contact.htmlhttp://www.metamesh.org/contact.html

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 3:15 PM, Marina Brown <catskillmarina at gmail.com>