[Commotion-discuss] Picostation mesh with APs

Ryan Gerety gerety at opentechinstitute.org
Sat Mar 7 14:52:34 EST 2015

Hi Josh,

Yes, the nodes were access points and mesh links.

It may have been that having pico stations on the ground (not on the roof) at no more than 200 meters apart avoided some of the wireless problems that can happen when a device is speaking to devices close by and other routers further away. Or, it could be that the number of connections to the access points were relatively small (because they were covering a small area).

I think there needs to be more testing of this phenomena (maybe someone knows of some research or would do some testing?).

Best,
Ryan