[Commotion-discuss] Usage of "Every Network Tells a Story"

Anthony S tony at rhicenter.org
Wed Mar 11 19:11:02 EDT 2015

The activity is one of the best from the Commotion curriculum, IMO.
It is a great way to learn how people think of their neighborhood, both
geographically and maybe more importantly, culturally/socially. It is more
useful in that way then in solving technical issues, which tend to reveal
themselves in the field.
Provide lots of icons, with clear understanding of what they mean, large
sheets of paper and markers and have fun.
good luck
tony

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 3:16 PM, David Banks <david.adam.banks at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I've been fiddling with the commotion routers for a few years now. I
> volunteer at an indy media center in Troy, New York and we've been pretty
> successful in getting a network up and running across about half a block
> using two pico routers. I'm also a PhD candidate in a multidisciplinary
> social science department and I've been studying the commotion project as
> part of my dissertation.
>
> I'm particularly interested in the "Every Network Tells a Story
> <https://commotionwireless.net/docs/cck/planning/design-your-network-every-network-tells-story/>"
> document I was wondering if anyone has had success using it as part of a
> network rollout. Any anecdotes or insights would be immensely useful. I
> won't quote or reproduce anything said here without explicit permission
> from the author.
>
> Look forward to the discussion!
>
> best,
>
> --
> David A Banks
> davidabanks.org

*Anthony SchlossDirector of Community Initiatives*
www.rhicenter.org