[Commotion-discuss] Geting funding for a wireless mesh project

sp2ong at wp.pl sp2ong at wp.pl
Thu May 28 00:59:50 EDT 2015

Hi,

I will be following with this subject because we have starting built Mesh
network base on openwrt and olsrd v1 for hamradio in Poland. We have use
Mikrotik RB411, RB112, TP-Link WR740, Ubiquiti like Nanostation2, M2 and
WA5210G.

We have in a few cities running small local mesh networks. Distances
average between nodes are about 1 - 3  and more kms.

We use frequency below 2400 Mhz where we have our bandplan for hamradio and
we can use channel width 5 or 10 Mhz.

But we have observer low speed in transfer for example in many cases we
have 250 kBs  in hwmode 11G between 1 hop nodes

We have try tune wireless parameter like distance (ACK Time), RTS, Frag but
without big improvement

It will be nice to read any advice and suggestion.   We have try use
internal antenna in Ubiquiti devices but we have try use external like
yagi, Biquads, AMOS (sector home made antenna
http://www.qsl.net/yu1aw/ANT_VHF/Amos_Ant/amos_antennas.htm )

 Best regards

Waldek