[Commotion-discuss] build for raspberry pi

Josh King jking at opentechinstitute.org
Fri May 29 13:02:44 EDT 2015

Hi Marina,

I think we've got a couple raspberry pi's lying around here anyway. I
don't think it would be too difficult to get a build going. The main
trick is just going to be figuring out which are the right drivers to
include for a selection of likely USB wifi adapters, since there's no
built-in wifi.

We're testing builds for new router hardware here anyway, I can make
sure this gets on the list, though I don't have an exact ETA yet
(probably not too long?).

For anyone who wants to give it a shot on their own, the OpenWRT page on
raspberry pi is here:

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/raspberry_pi

And just the other day I added a section the README on how to add new
router targets to our build system:

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/commotion-router/blob/master/README.md#create-your-own-build-configurations