[Commotion-discuss] New wifi products now already with locked firmware

dpeel at vtlink.net dpeel at vtlink.net
Sat Sep 26 08:58:09 EDT 2015

A small group of us are really excited about building a small mesh network in our low income neighborhood in a city in Vermont. The politicians all say they want to expand broadband internet, but the people we would like to reach can't afford to pay much at all for internet. The cheap internet the big  providers offer them is not very good at all. We think a mesh could do much better for them. It makes me extraordinarily angry that once again government is serving the needs of big corporations. Right now we're using mostly Ubiquity routers. Will they be safe from being locked down?