[Commotion-discuss] Send mesh routes to upstream router

Christopher Munz-Michielin christopher at ve7alb.ca
Thu Jul 14 18:17:58 UTC 2016

Hey Josh,

Pretty simple config actually.  First thing I did, update /etc/opkg.conf:
#src/gz grumpy_cat
http://downloads.commotionwireless.net/router/1.1/ar71xx/generic/packages
src/gz grumpy_cat
http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07/ar71xx/generic/packages/routing/

Then ran 'opkg update'

Then ran 'opkg install quagga quagga-zebra quagga-bgpd'

I then edited my config files for quagga:
/etc/quagga/bgpd.conf:
!
! Zebra configuration saved from vty
!   2016/07/09 03:14:53
!
hostname AP9-Cube
password 8
enable password 8
service password-encryption
!
router bgp 65501
  bgp router-id 100.90.174.70
  bgp graceful-restart
  network 44.135.219.24/29
  redistribute kernel
  redistribute connected
  redistribute olsr
  neighbor 44.135.219.25 remote-as 65500
!
access-list 1 permit 127.0.0.1
access-list 1 permit 44.135.219.0 0.0.0.255
access-list vty permit 127.0.0.0/8
access-list vty deny any
!
line vty
  access-class 1
!

/etc/quagga/zebra.conf
!
! Zebra configuration saved from vty
!   2016/07/09 03:01:46
!
hostname AP9-Cube
password 8
enable password 8
service password-encryption
!
interface br-lan
  ipv6 nd suppress-ra
!
interface eth0
  ipv6 nd suppress-ra
!
interface eth1
  ipv6 nd suppress-ra
!
interface ifb0
  ipv6 nd suppress-ra
!
interface ifb1
  ipv6 nd suppress-ra
!
interface lo
!
interface tunl0
  ipv6 nd suppress-ra
!
interface wlan0
  ipv6 nd suppress-ra
!
interface wlan0-1
  ipv6 nd suppress-ra
!
access-list 1 permit 127.0.0.1
access-list 1 permit 44.135.219.0 0.0.0.255
access-list vty permit 127.0.0.0/8
access-list vty deny any
!
ip forwarding
ipv6 forwarding
!
!
line vty
  access-class 1
!

After that I restarted quagga: 'service quagga restart' and the
adjacency came up with my core router (which is a Mikrotik RB2011)

I then added my core router's subnets to the HLA announcements via the
Commotion GUI

Let me know if you guys want anything more specific.

Cheers!
Chris