[CMI-CM] How Radical?

Zachary C.Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Fri Nov 17 06:01:05 CST 2000

Hey folks don't forget Critical Mass is on the Friday after
Thanksgiving. The biggest shopping day of the year. It is also Buy
Nothing Day. Lets see if we can do something to make this mass
MASSIVE. Lets start brain storming now what we can do to really get
people out to this thing. Lets try to aim for getting more townies out
since a lot of students will be away for the holiday.

I had one crazy idea. I don't know how radical and crazy people want
to be but I thought it might be fun and in the spirit of Critical Mass
to take a ride _through_ market place mall. We could do it in a fairly
orderly manner and if we plan it out ahead of time we can try to be in
and out before mall security knew what hit them. If we do this we
would have to be really tight and prepared and we should have a very
serious message ready, lots of signs, flyers to hand out. Lots of
boomboxes with fun tunes to keep spirits high and attract attention.

If there is a significant number of people who want to do this but
some other people are uncomfortable with actually going in the mall we
could always ride to the mall and then split up, one group goes
through and the other goes around and meets us on the other side.

Comments? Discussion? Alternative Ideas?

My main goal is to start making Critical Mass rides more
interesting. Rather than just ride around and yelling we should have a
special theme/event whenever possible and try to tie into things.

IMSA 1995 - UIUC 2000 - Just Another Leftist Muppet
Take it easy...but take it. - http://www.greens.org