[CMI-CM] earth day ride

Arun Bhalla bhalla at uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 11 13:38:02 CDT 2001

Hey everyone,

I think we have an obligation to local groups first over solidarity with
national groups, which would also be nice.  If we wanted (and I have
absolutely no objection to this idea) we could do rides on the 19th,
the 20th, and the 27th.  Otherwise just the 20th and the 27th is fine, too.

Michelle, you can find logos and other fun stuff off our website
critical-mass.groogroo.com.

cheers
Arun

michelle renee lupei writes:
> hey kids~
>
> i'm michelle, director of students for environmental concerns (secs).  we're
> really hoping that you guys can do the ride on friday, as it will tie in with
>
> our clean energy/clean transportation thing that we're doing that day on the
> quad.  we'll be building a dike and possibly having the "best" car there is,
> the toyota prius out on the quad that day.  we were kind of planning around
> this, and already have included y'all in our publicity that we're putting up
> tonight.  also, i know that there's a big wheelchair race all over campus on
> sunday that will already be blocking traffic.  we'd love to have you at our
> Earth Day on the Quad, though... sunday the 22, 12-6.30ish.
>
> if you could get a consensus together by this afternoon and let me know, i'd
> greatly appreciate it.  otherwise, please let me know asap, so we don't
> advertise for an event that has mysteriously disappeared.
>
> finally, we can put your logo on our publicity if someone will send a copy to
>
> me.
>
> thanks, and hope to see y'all then (or @ Nader ;)
>
> ~michelle

> " The meme is as strong today among us as it was among the stone-draggers of
> ancient Egypt:
>       Civilization must continue at any cost and not be abandoned under any c
> ircumstance.
>   We're making the world uninhabitable to our own species and rushing headlon
> g toward extinction, but
>       Civilization must continue at any cost and not be abandoned under any c
> ircumstance."
>                                                                 ~Daniel Quinn
> ,  Beyond Civilization
>
> michelle lupei
> director, Students for Environmental Concerns
>
> home:  217.355.7016
> mobile: 217.377.2729
> fax:  217.337.1533
> www.students.uiuc.edu/~mlupei