[CMI-CM] FYI Sat Aug 25 Renewable Energy Seminar

Ted Tourlentes ted at net66.com
Mon Aug 20 11:37:01 CDT 2001

From: "Bill Fabian" <bmfabi at advancenet.net>

Illinois Renewable Energy Assoc (IREA)

SATURDAY AUG 25
RENEWABLE ENERGY SEMINAR

FREE, 10 AM - 3:30 PM,
CHAMPAIGN PUBLIC LIBRARY,
505 South Randolph St

On  Saturday August 25 2001  the Illinois Renewable Energy Assoc. in
conjunction with the Sierra Club, the Environmental Law and Policy Center
of the Midwest and Prairie Rivers Network will present a seminar on the
future of electric power.  This seminar will help answer questions such
as...What are the environmental and economic costs of traditional power
production? How will power be produced in the future? Will there be
enough power for all? How will we be affected in Central Illinois by the
"energy crisis"?

Learn how we the public can protect our quality of life now and in the
future plus gain energy independence from traditional sources of energy.
The seminar will highlight homes and businesses plus schools, museums,
and municipal buildings in Illinois that employ clean renewable energy such
as solar and wind year round. Rex Buhrmester from the Illinois Department
of Commerce and Community Affairs will be there to answer questions
about their rebate and grant program for those using renewable energy.

The program
is free and open to the public, and
will be held during the hours of 10:00 AM through 3:30 PM
with a half hour break at noon at the Champaign Public Library auditorium.
A question and answer session is scheduled at the end of the seminar.

For more information go to the Internet at http://www.illinoisrenew.org
or Bill Fabian <bmfabi at advancenet.net>

Tentative Schedule for August 25th 2001 Seminar

10:00 AM - Introduction and comments

10:15 AM - Global Warming...Is it related to energy production?
Jennifer Johnson from the Sierra Club

http://www.sierraclub.org/globalwarming/

11:30 AM - Repowering the Midwest...An look at the future of
energy in Illinois
Hans Detweiler from the Environmental Law and Policy Center of
the Midwest

http://www.elpc.org/energy/

12:30 PM - Break - On your own

1:00 PM - How energy production affects the waters of Illinois
Marc Miller from the Prairie Rivers Network

http://www.prairierivers.org

1:30 PM - Passive and Thermal Solar Technology in Illinois
Steve Brooks from IREA

2:00 PM - Highlights of a residential solar electric system
Bob Vogel from IREA

2:30 PM - Highlights of  renewable energy systems in Champaign
County and around the state
Bill Fabian from IREA

3:00 to 3:30 PM - Question and answer session