[CMI-CM] Last minute reminder - Ride today

Arun Bhalla bhalla at uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 23 19:53:01 CST 2001

Paul Riismandel writes:
> Just want to remind everyone that critical mass will be riding today,
> 5:00pm at the Alma Mater.  It's a beautiful sunny day today--just right for
> a ride 'round town.  Think of a route and suggest it!

It was a good revival.  9 of us showed up, some new faces, some regulars, too.
We were out for about 40 minutes, taking Wright to Springfield to Prospect
to University to Lincoln to Green and back.

It was fun.  We should try to build March's ride to be exceptionally
strong.  If everyone on this list showed, we'd have the largest
ride yet.  If everyone brought a friend, we'd be unstoppable.  I plan
to carry flyers with me (and maybe some stickers) and try to put them up
all the month when I go past places that could be good focal points.  Places
like bike shops, coffee shops, record stores, classrooms, bars, and other
public posting areas could be great places for flyers.  Maybe some PSAs at
WEFT during the month could help, too.  Other suggestions are welcome...
although it seems like a fair amount of people find out about Critical Mass
via word of mouth or maybe the Around Campus events calendar in
the Daily Illini.

cheers,
Arun