[CMI-CM] Reclaim the Streets!

Zachary C. Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Thu Jul 12 21:56:02 CDT 2001

I really don't know if there is a better group of people to hang out
at Reclaim the Streets than Critical Mass. It is basically the same
movement. The Chicago Critical Mass will be making a major showing at
this event, it'd be fun to meet them up there.

I have reserved the front room of the Urbana Indy Media Center so we
can get together and organize an Urbana-Champaign contingent to go up
to Naperville next week.

The meeting will be:

Wednesday, July 18 - 6:30pm
Urbana Indy Media Center - Front Area
218 W. Main St., Urbana, IL 61801

I'd like to discuss:

Who needs a ride, how are people getting up there, should we rent a
van, where will we park when we get there, the value of affinity
groups, how to deal with the cops, how to not get arrested, will we
bring food, what else will we bring, what is going on with G8,
anything else anyone else wants to discuss.

I would like to:

make some signs, practice/compose some performances, form affinity groups,

If anyone from Urbana-Champaign wants to help me organize publicity
_before_ this Wednesday meeting please get in touch with me! I now
understand that there are potentially 3 other people in
Urbana-Champaign who are organizing besides me and I haven't met them
yet, I'd love to work together.

Oh and sign up for the new CU RTS mailing list if you are interested
(even if you aren't coming with us, you might be interested in future
RTS info):