[CMI-CM] got bike?

Zachary C.Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Mon May 7 15:55:01 CDT 2001

> My friend is in need of a bicycle to get around town.  She doesn't want
> anything 'spensive, just a simple bike that would function properly.  Anyone
> got an extra bike they're looking to get rid of cheap?  or maybe one that
> just needs a little fixin' up?  I come to all of you first, because I know
> that you care, you really really care <sniff sob sniff>.

I have two bikes that are free for the taking to a good home.

One is a very old british 3-speed. It needs work. Bruce at bikeworks
has estimated that it needs about $100 worth of work but that it is
worth it to have that work done because it is a solid bike.

The other is a schwin 10 speed road bike that has a horribly mangled
back tire and probably needs a general tune up. Again probably
$100-$120 worth of work is needed on that bike (thats my random
estimate, Bruce hasn't seen this bike).

I'm willing to give these away to anyone who is willing to get them in
running condition. I was planning on using them as "learning" bikes
and overhaul them myself but who knows when I'll get around to that.