[CMI-CM] Fwd: [bicyclism] 10th Anniversary Posters

Michael Walcher solaraycer at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 26 15:54:01 CDT 2002

  Jym Dyer <jym at econet.org> wrote: To: bicyclism at yahoogroups.com
From: Jym Dyer
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 12:23:33 -0700
Subject: [bicyclism] 10th Anniversary Posters

=v= Three San Francisco artists have made some beautiful posters
and handbills for the upcoming 10th Anniversary of Critical
Mass (this September, the last Friday of the month).  We in San
Francisco are sending these posters to Massers around the world
to put up in their cities.

=v= You can see a sample of Mona Caron's gorgeous Mucha-esque
poster on her website:

http://www.monacaron.com/~mona/images/html/cmp_poster.html

This poster has beautiful detail, so it's ideal for places where
people will be looking at the poster up close.

=v= Beth Verdekal's poster is an elaboration of this image:

http://www.scorcher.org/cmhistory/ridedaly.html

It has the same "CRITICAL MASS" banner, nice and clear and big,
with a huge red "10 Years" in the middle, where the "1" is a
pylon of the Golden Gate Bridge, "0" is the bike's rear wheel,
and "Y" is the bike's frame.  This is a big and bold poster,
and you can read the words from a distance.

=v= Hugh D'Andrade's poster is like a huge three-panel cartoon.
It can draw you in from a ways and you've got to read it up
close.  It's not online, but you can see his work at his website:

http://www.hughillustration.com/

(Requires Javascript and Flash).

=v= If your city is in need of fantabulous posters celebrating
10 years of Critical Mass, let me know.
    <_Jym_>

P.S.:  The theme of our 10th Anniversary ride is "Critical Gift."
We're gonna have a big potluck/potlatch thing at the start of
the ride.  Feel free to do this at *your* ride in September.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor Click here to find your contact lenses!