[CMI-CM] Bloomington-Normal Critical Mass

Joe Wheeler jwheeler12 at hotmail.com
Mon May 5 12:25:02 CDT 2003

Hello friends, I am attempting to start a critical mass within
Bloomington-Normal.  I was wondering if someone could fill me in on how this
was done in Champaign-Urbana? I was recently informed that cyclists in
Illinois have almost no rights on the road so I was wondering if you had to
contact police etc.  You should not have to do that but I know that the
police may not always be cooperative.  In fact the Mayor of Normal owns a
bicycle shop but would not support a critical mass. He thinks it would do
more harm than good.  So let me know the details.

Thanks

Joe.