[CMI-CM] Bicyclist Killed By Teen Downloading Ringtones

Timothy P Freeman tfreema2 at uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 1 23:18:39 CST 2006

Hello all critical massers---
   In response to this news (which I find very disturbing that such a light sentence would be imposed when this is clearly  an instance of manslaughter) I am of the opinion that a ride should be planned in honor of Wilhelm and in support of
"Matt's Law."
   I am not sure if a ride has already occurred; I have been told that there was a candlelight vigil which I was not aware of. Perhaps the next critical mass can be held in his honor or a separate "special" ride can be planned. I envision signs and pamphlets may also be utilized in further support of bike advocacy and "Matt's Law."
   This probably would be more successful if it is planned for a post-winter month (possibly March) as there have been very few riders showing up for the rides because of the cold weather.

   Let me know your opinions and if this interests anyone. Also, if someone could let me know how the last ride went I would appreciate it. I know there was some talk of planned routes and I am wondering if this was effective.
   Also, in an effort to further discourage bike snobbery I insist that a waving policy be instituted. If you see a fellow cyclist, wave!
Keep 'em spinning despite the cold weather!

----------T.Freeman
one gear---one love