[CMI-CM] Proposed routes for critical mass Fri, Nov 24

Critical Mass cucriticalmass at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 22 11:57:58 CST 2006

actually, thanks alot i never even thought about that, and it's actually a really good point.
 i'll work up some more plans before friday.
 thanks dan.  anybody else have any input that might help with a good route for friday?

Daniel Sinkovits <daniel.sinkovits at gmail.com> wrote: Hi everyone,

Maybe my opinion is not so important because I haven't been able to
participate in many Critical Masses here and I won't be able to attend
this ride, either.  (I'll be on a plane returning to Chicago from
College Station, Texas.)  My humble opinion is that in all of those
routes, the straight sections are far too long.  In the critical
masses in St. Louis, the best rides were those that zig-zagged.  I
feel we want visibility to cars, and we want to inconvenience them a
little, but only a little.  There's no benefit to making people
totally aggravated.  When the routes zig-zag, we never block any road
for longer than a quarter mile, or so.  This is only a minute or so
delay for the cars, which I think is enough.  Much longer than that,
and the cops are called, which is what happened a few months ago.
They weren't kind or sympathetic at all.  Though there are some
rebellious spirits in CM, the mass quickly fragmented and disappeared
after that.

Like I said, I won't be able to participate in this mass, or the next
one, but I'd like to throw out the idea to work towards developing
routes that have more zig-zagging to them.  I'll try to make some up
and proprose them before the next mass that I can attend.

Dan

On 11/21/06, Critical Mass  wrote:
> Don't forget about critical mass just because it is cold everyone!
>
>  I have been working on some routes for this month, please let me know what
> you think of them.
>
>  Route 1
>  http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=553028
>  7 miles
>
>  Route 2
>  http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=553045
>  7 miles
>
>  Route 3
>  http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=553062
>  7.5 miles
>
>  Route 4
>  http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=553111
>  11.6 miles (about an hour and 15 minutes)
>
>  They seem long but the mileage is really not bad and all of these could be
> done in an hour, and they all provide maximum visibility.
>
>  I will probably print these off and we will have a vote before we take off
> at 5:15pm from the Alma Mater on Friday.
>
>  Also, it will be dark, so find whatever you can to make yourself glow.
>
>  see you there,
>  -cucriticalmass

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near historic lows: $150,000 loan as low as $579/mo. Intro-*Terms