[CMI-CM] A Bicycling supporter like you

RICHARD J LANGLOIS ricklanglois at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 14:14:08 CDT 2008

Hi,

I haven't emailed you directly for awhile.

For any bicycle advocacy group to succeed *we need a few hours of your time
once or twice a year*. Successful volunteer groups get TIME, Treasure ($),
or Talent (can you help with web page design for example?) from their
members.

An average bicyclist like *you* (of course I mean everyone else because I
know *you* are an above average bicyclist) is needed to staff the Champaign
Park District's Bike Corral at the *Taste of Champaign* next weekend. Other
Saturday mornings we need you at the *Farmer's Market*.

Here is a link to the schedule sheet for Taste of Champaign.  Please take a
look at it now and find a time you can work. You'll get a free drink ticket
for your effort.
http://08TasteBikeCorral.notlong.com <http://08tastebikecorral.notlong.com/>

All you have to do is be there in the shade of a tent and chat with folks
about bike riding. Something you love to do anyway! We'll have handouts with
information if folks are interested. If the folks you talk to rode their
bike to Taste you give them a free drink ticket.
It's that easy!

Contact: Jody Tissier-Groff < jody.tissier at mail.cparkdistrict.com>  (217)
398-255
Special Events and Volunteers Coordinator for the Champaign Park District
and tell her what time slot you will fill. She will add you to the schedule
sheet.

If your schedule doesn't fit the mold that's O-K. Let Jody know what time
you'll cover.
Try to recruit someone else to cover a shift too*.
Its going to be real easy and really pretty fun!
WE NEED YOU TO HELP.
*
Contact Jody now. And thank you!

*-= MORE =-*

Every year "The Taste" is a GREAT event.
We all LOVE IT! (live music, arts and crafts, food, fun and games, lots of
community folks, etc.) and now BIKES TOO!

The Park District is *doing the right thing* by promoting citizens riding
their bikes to the park so let's give them some help.* Thanks again for your
help with this.*

*Farmer's Market Saturday in Urbana
*We need folks for this too. It's really a lot of fun!
The Farmer's Market is so great, you should get over there if you have never
been.
Sign up to staff the table - it's super
easy!<http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dfj37f58_158ssbwsdvv>

(Any CCB Steering Committee member can add your name to this schedule. Just
ask them to.)

Rick Langlois,
Chairman, ChampaignCountyBikes.org
info at champaignCountyBike.org