[CMI-CM] Bike to Work Week / LiveSTRONG RIDE TU 6:00 PM

RICHARD J LANGLOIS ricklanglois at gmail.com
Mon May 12 23:30:01 CDT 2008

Today kicked off National Bike to Work Week!
I rode to work today and the weather in Champaign/Urbana, Illinois was
mighty fine.

Tomorrow I will ride one bike and pull another along behind me in my cargo
trailer. That's so that an out of town friend who is visiting campus and I
can participate in the LiveSTRONG ride in the evening.

Remember to wear Yellow & Black when you ride to work Tuesday.
As Lance says let everyone know you want to "Pick a fight with cancer".

See you at the ride!
Rick Langlois
Chairman, ChampaignCountyBikes.org

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

>From Cynthia Hoyle:

I want to personally invite you to participate in LiveSTRONG Day this coming
Tuesday, May 13th.  Our event includes the following:

   - Bike to Work and wear Yellow and Black on Tuesday (Next week is
   National Bike To Work Week)

   - If you cannot bike to work, wear Yellow and Black anyway to show
   your support for cancer survivors

   - 6:00 PM at Meadowbrook Park at the Garden Pavilion (off Race St.)
   for "Bike for Life" which will include: a reading of the City of Urbana
   Proclamation declaring May 13th LiveSTRONG Day, a brief recorded
   message from Lance Armstrong, two short rides - one around Meadowbrook and
   another 8.8 mile ride.

   - At Bike for Life there will be LiveSTRONG arm bands, cycling and
   safety information, information on cancer prevention and survivorship, and
   the Mettler Center will have a table with information on their services as
   well.

I want to thank our sponsors:

   - C-U SRTS Project
   - Champaign County Bikes
   - The Mettler Center
   - CUMTD

So, please plan to join us to raise awareness of cancer and support cancer
survivors on May 13th!

Thanks!

Cynthia Hoyle, AICP
Transportation Planning Consultant