[CU-Movies] The End of America - Dec. 1

ann h. annhett at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 07:59:46 CST 2008

AWARE* Film Series 2008 invites you to a FREE showing of

Naomi Wolf’s new film “The End of America”

Monday, December 1 @ 7pm

Location:     Champaign Public Library
                    200 West Green Street
                    Robeson Pavilion
                    Champaign, IL 61820
Directions:
                    corner of Green and Randoph

*AWARE: Anti-War Anti-Racism Effort
www.anti-war.net

>From the award-winning filmmakers of The Devil Came on Horseback and The Trials of Darryl Hunt, Annie Sundberg and Ricki Stern, THE END OF AMERICA, a stunning indictment of the sweeping policy changes enacted during the Bush Administration.

Made in collaboration with best-selling author Naomi Wolf (The Beauty Myth), the film makes a chilling case that American democracy is under grave threat. Investigating parallels between our current situation and the rise of dictators and fascism in other once-free societies, Wolf uncovers a number of deeply unsettling similarities — from the use of paramilitary groups and secret prisons to the targeted suspension of the rule of law. With this galvanizing call to arms based on her recent book, she urges regular citizens to take back our legacy of freedom and justice.