[CU-Movies] C-U Confidential 4 Fans :: September 25, 2010

Jason Pankoke cuconfidential at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 14:57:18 CDT 2010

Greetings, friends!

Have you read all the local movie news fit to post? Unfortunately, we only
posted one time this week, but it's pretty epic:

http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?p=2170

In this edition of C-U Blogfidential’s all-purpose column, “C-U
Biz-en-scène,” we tell you about LEADING LADIES, REVOLTING, FARM, RAGSTONE
AVENUE, CONTAGION, THE LORD IS NOT ON TRIAL HERE TODAY, and what movies are
now playing/renting near you! Hot damn!

We'd also like to solicit your feedback on the CUBiz column. Do you like
them? Are they informative and interesting? If you aren't reading CUBiz,
then maybe now is the time to take a look and see what you're missing! For
instance, we'll tease with a segment of an embedded mini-interview in this
week's column with our friend Jen Bechtel, who co-wrote LEADING LADIES:

"Semi-alternating time slots with REVOLTING [at the Art Theater in Champaign
this Saturday and Sunday] is another anticipated feature, the elaborate
'showbiz family' dance dramedy LEADING LADIES, a My Pet Piranha, LLC
production that will finally be seen in C-U after playing the film festival
circuit for several months and winning fans across America during that time.
'So many people in this community helped to make the film possible and I
think that the investment of time, energy, resources, et cetera, helped to
build a real buzz for the film in C-U,' says screenplay co-writer Jennifer
Bechtel, who chatted with CUBlog via e-mail right before the festivities.
'In many ways, it feels like [we’re] finally getting to show it to anxious
family members.' Urbana resident Bechtel has worked with LADIES co-director
Erika Randall Beahm for several years to bring alive the rambunctious story
of the Campari family, made up of brassy stage mother Shari (played by
Melanie LaPatin), gifted older daughter Tasi (UI graduate Shannon Lea
Smith), and wallflower younger daughter Toni (Laurel Vail) who comes to the
fore once Tasi becomes pregnant and Shari must save face for herself by
entering somebody in an upcoming regional ballroom dancing competition."

What else did she have to tell CUBlog about LEADING LADIES? Why, you'll have
to go directly to the source, of course! We'll help you out one more time
with that:

http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?p=2170

Please take our humble request seriously to let us know how we're doing.
Also, "Images of the Week" will return next week along with the next CUBiz
and, possibly, a surprise or two. Enjoy, and make sure to get over to the
Art this weekend to see LEADING LADIES and REVOLTING on the big screen!

Keep on filming,

~ Jason P., Editor

~~~~~

"This is not just movies, it's our lives."
http://www.facebook.com/cuconfidential
http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/
http://www.youtube.com/cuconfidential
cuconfidential at gmail.com

Catch up on “C-U Biz-en-scène” right now!
http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?cat=406