[CU-Movies] C-U Confidential 4 Fans :: April 29, 2011

Jason Pankoke cuconfidential at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 11:08:04 CDT 2011

HAVE YOU MADE PLANS TO JOIN US FOR OUR
LOCAL FILMMAKERS' PANEL AT THIS WEEKEND'S
MIDWEST ZINE FEST? COME THINK CINEMATICALLY
WITH US TOMORROW, SATURDAY, APR. 30, 2 P.M.!!!
http://midwestzinefest.ucimc.org/

Greetings, friends!

Mr. Ebert and his armada of movie fans and guests are upon us! That simply
means that we here at the Secret MICRO-FILM Headquarters are currently
getting down to business! Keep an eye out at the Virginia Theater and
downtown Champaign hot spots today, Friday, April 29, for the new issue of
C-U Confidential to hit and come say howdy at our merch table during Midwest
Zine Fest at the U-C Independent Media Center tomorrow, Saturday, April 30,
during which we'll host an hour-long local filmmakers' talk with our friends
Jay Rosenstein, Bogdan Heretoiu, Thomas Nicol, and Don Ferguson! Finally,
watch C-U Blogfidential for our special "retro" Ebertfest coverage - you'll
know it when you read it!

Speaking of reading:

http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?p=3293

In this edition of C-U Blogfidential’s all-purpose column, “C-U
Biz-en-scène,” we encourage you to attend “Ebertfest” but also entertain
concurrent happenings in the C-U this next week, not to mention acknowledge
the movies now playing/renting near you!

http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?p=3261

Despite having to tiptoe through a time crunch thanks to the madness of
recent weeks, C-U Confidential issue 5 will begin telling it like it is on
Friday, April 29, 2011, at the Virginia Theater in downtown Champaign during
Roger Ebert’s Film Festival!

http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?p=3262

For your re-reading pleasure, we present our sixth and final set of C-U
Blogfidential posts representing a cross-section of the best we think we’ve
had to offer Champaign, Urbana, and the cities beyond in our first five
years! [HINT: Follow the link at the bottom of this post back to previous
collections of links!]

http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?p=3045

The College of Media at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has
announced the movies to be showcased at the thirteenth annual edition of
Roger Ebert’s Film Festival.

~~~~~

Keep on filming,

~ Jason P., Editor

~~~~~

"This is not just movies, it's our lives."
http://www.facebook.com/cuconfidential
http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/
http://www.youtube.com/cuconfidential
cuconfidential at gmail.com

Catch up on “C-U Biz-en-scène” right now!
http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?cat=406