[CU-Movies] C-U Confidential 4 Fans :: August 5, 2011

Jason Pankoke cuconfidential at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 20:32:36 CDT 2011

Greetings, friends! We have lots for you to digest this week, so get on it:

http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?p=3664

In this edition of C-U Blogfidential’s all-purpose column, “C-U
Biz-en-scène,” we strip it down to the basics in a “Short Form” that
contains all the nutrients you need: a call for entries, a casting call,
special show dates, and all the movies now playing/renting near you!

http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?p=3662

In this edition of “The Double Life of a Cinéaste,” author Tyler Tharpe
scrutinizes those unfortunate moments film festivals were not kind to his
motion pictures or very person.

http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?p=3707

Illinois-made independents, including Champaign-Urbana-Danville productions
REVOLTING, AMBER ROSE, and IN VINO VERITAS, figure prominently in the
schedule for the 10th annual Route 66 International Film Festival, coming
September 15-17, 2011.

http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?p=3700

The Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center is now accepting submissions
for the upcoming IMC Film Festival taking place September 15-17, 2011.

http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?p=3643

Is your newest scary movie either horrific, carnivalesque, zombietastic, or
just plain freeky? Then we might have the film festivals within driving
distance for you — to enter!

http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?p=3666

C-U Blogfidential’s monthly open forum, “Clean Slate,” asks what community
members would like to see the new CU Film Society accomplish! Comments open
for 3 weeks!

http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?p=3571

C-U Blogfidential humbly requests that everyone who does not normally
contribute to CUBlog should take a shot at writing something for CUBlog.
Like, right now, por favor. Submissions are due September 30!

~~~~~

Keep on filming,

~ Jason P., Editor

~~~~~

"This is not just movies, it's our lives."
http://www.facebook.com/cuconfidential
http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/
http://www.youtube.com/cuconfidential
cuconfidential at gmail.com

Catch up on “C-U Biz-en-scène” right now!
http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?cat=406