[CU-Smokefree] Agenda

Scott P Hays sphays at ad.uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 27 21:26:39 CST 2003

Hello to all,

Here is an agenda for the meeting Wednesday night. The meeting is at
7pm at the Carle Forum in Pollard Auditorium.  Parking is free for those
who attend the meeting.  I hope to see everyone there.

If there are any items you feel need to be added or changed, let me know,
either personally or through the listserve.  We will also provide an
opportunity to amend the agenda before the meeting for those who will
not get a chance to see this.

Thanks,

Scott

AGENDA
October 29, 2003

Welcome and Introductions

Latest developments in the news

Registering as an organization (non-profit, non tax-exempt status)

Approval of name: "CU Smokefree"

Tentative Committee Structure:

Volunteers for Executive Committee

Volunteers for Education Committee (inc. council education)

Volunteers for Fundraising Committee

Volunteer for membership liaison

"CU Smokefree" technology update

Next meeting: time and place

Committee time to set interim meetings

Adjourn

Tentative Committee Responsibilities:

Organizational Planning Committee
         Draft by-laws
         Nominate officers
         Register as organization

Education Committee
	Develop a plan to educate the community and increase awareness
	of the dangers of second-hand smoke
         Create plan for initial council education campaign
         Implement plans

Fundraising Committee
         Develop plan for raising funds
         Private individual fundraising
         Corporate and agency fundraising
	Funds necessary for: web fees, organizational registration,
	advertising, printing and mailing
         Implement plans

Membership Liaison (Individual)
         Maintain membership contact list
         Develop telephone tree for non e-mail members