[C-U Smokefree] Statewide ban

Ed DeWan e-dewan at uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 12 15:38:51 CST 2004

I agree with the article recently posted by K. Drea. We should pursue a
statewide ban, without necessarily giving up on our local efforts. Perhaps
we can enlist the support of the local business owners. Don't forget
sidewalks! There are several coffee shops that we can't even get into
because of smokers huddled in doorways, even though the shops themselves
are smokefree. I sometimes open the door and yell at them, hey, you're
stinking up the whole place in here! That often gets them to move.