[C-U Smokefree] FW: [JoeCherner-announce]status of state smokefree workplace laws

Kathy Drea kdrea at lungil.org
Fri Jul 2 09:42:51 CDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Cherner [mailto:Joe at smokefree.org]
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 10:59 PM
To: Joe Cherner announce list
Subject: [JoeCherner-announce]status of state smokefree workplace laws

Dear Smokefree Advocate,

We've come a long way, baby... but we still have a long way to go!

The chart below shows the status of smokefree workplace states.  In the
next twelve months, we expect several more states to pass smokefree
workplace laws (including bars and restaurants).  The most likely
candidates are Washington, Colorado, Maryland, Arizona, and Minnesota...
but there are always a few surprises!

To win smokefree air where YOU live, go to
http://www.smokefree.net/alerts.php

State Smokefree Workplace Laws

Smokefree Offices

Smokefree Restaurants

Smokefree Bars

California

*

*

*

Delaware

*

*

*

New York

*

*

*

Connecticut

*

*

*

Maine

*

*

*

Massachusetts

*

*

*

Rhode Island

*

*

*

Florida

*

*

*

Vermont

*

*

*

Utah

*

*

*

Idaho

*

*

*

Maryland

*

*

*

Joseph W. Cherner

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the
world.  Indeed, it's the only thing that ever