[C-U Smokefree] Farmers Market, Thu Jul 15 meeting, Sweetcorn Festival, and "Smokefree" cities

Daniel S. Lewart lewart at uiuc.edu
Sun Jul 11 17:36:35 CDT 2004

C-U Smokefree Alliance,

First off, a huge thank you to all the volunteers who have done a great job
at Taste of C-U and Farmers Market!!!  They include Mary D, Ann H, George C,
Carol H, Kathy D, Kerisa F, Kathy G, Cheri, Yvette S, Scott H, Tara S,
April, and several children.  Please let me know if I forgot you (Sorry!).

Saturday's Urbana's Farmers Market at the Square went very well.
Brian, Yvette, et al, could y'all first enter folks who checked the
volunteer box?  Then they can receive the meeting announcement.
I hope we can be at the Market more often.

Our next public meeting is Thu Jul 15 7-9pm @ Carle Forum.
Scott should send out an announcement and agenda Mon or Tue.

Because Taste of C-U was so successful, we will sign up for the Urbana
Sweetcorn Festival Aug 27-28.  It will cost $75.  And of course,
we will need volunteers to work our booth.

I just updated the "Smokefree Cities" list on the web page.  I removed
Bloomington IN, Boston, Dallas, Lexington KY, Madison, New York,
Skokie, and Toledo because they aren't listed here:
  http://www.no-smoke.org/100ordswprblist.pdf
Fortunately, there are plenty of college towns to replace them on our list.

C-U Smokefree!
Dan
http://www.cu-smokefree.org/