[C-U Smokefree] Take Action: Money Budgeted for Bricks is Better Spent on Saving Lives

Daniel Lewart lewart at uiuc.edu
Thu May 6 03:37:33 CDT 2004

C-U Smokefree Alliance,

Take Action: Money Budgeted for Bricks is Better Spent on Saving Lives:
	http://lungaction.org/campaign/tobacco_settlement_money

"We need your help!  Please send a FREE letter to Illinois Governor
Blagojevich and your state representative and your state senator to
encourage them to increase funding for statewide comprehensive tobacco
prevention and cessation programming to help keep our kids in Illinois
tobacco free!  The proposed fiscal year 2005 state budget includes
payments from the Tobacco Settlement Recovery Fund of only $11 million
for a statewide comprehensive tobacco control program and $10 million
for building projects including tuckpointing buildings and unspecified
minor repairs.  Please tell your state representative and state senator
that the Tobacco Settlement Money should be spent to reduce tobacco use
- not to repair buildings!"

C-U Smokefree!
Dan
http://cu-smokefree.chambana.net/