[C-U Smokefree] The Health Consequences of Smoking: A Report of the Surgeon General

Daniel Lewart lewart at uiuc.edu
Thu May 27 15:10:36 CDT 2004

C-U Smokefree Alliance,

"The Health Consequences of Smoking: A Report of the Surgeon General":
	http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/sgr/sgr_2004/
	http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/library/smokingconsequences/

>From the press release:
	U.S. Surgeon General Richard H. Carmona today released a new
	comprehensive report on smoking and health, revealing for the
	first time that smoking causes diseases in nearly every organ
	of the body.  Published 40 years after the surgeon general's
	first report on smoking -- which concluded that smoking was a
	definite cause of three serious diseases -- this newest report
	finds that cigarette smoking is conclusively linked to diseases
	such as leukemia, cataracts, pneumonia and cancers of the cervix,
	kidney, pancreas and stomach."

I've just skimmed it; there is a little bit about secondhand smoke.
Remember our next meeting is Tue Jun 1 7-9pm.

C-U Smokefree!
Dan
http://cu-smokefree.chambana.net/