[C-U Smokefree] Announcements and updates

Scott P Hays sphays at ad.uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 9 20:58:57 CDT 2004

Just a few quick announcements and updates from our Regular Meeting last Tuesday:

We are progressing on our meetings with our council members in both cities.  Urbana looks very supportive and promising, Champaign may be another story.  We'll see.

We determined that we MUST increase the visibility of our group and our cause.  On that note we are encouraging all of our members, volunteers and others we see to contact their councils and Mayor - particularly in Champaign - to register their support for "The CU Smokefree effort to create smokefree public places and workplaces throughout Champaign and Urbana."

On that note, we are also beginning our coordinated letter writing campaign.  Yvette will post and update a sign-up sheet for all members and volunteers to sign up to write - at least - one letter per week to the News-Gazette (and we should include the DI as well).  George Carlisle sent in a letter this past week, and I will send in a letter - in the name of CU Smokefree - next week.

We'll give you more of an update later, and remember that you can read our meeting minutes online - so please do that at: www.cu-smokefree.org.

Finally, we scheduled a lunch planning meeting for NEXT TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 14 AT NOON AT ZA'S ON SPRINGFIELD AVENUE (JUST WEST OF MATTIS). (Can you post that, Dan?)

We hope to see as many as we can there!

Thanks,

President Scott

Thanks, as always