[C-U Smokefree] Updates from the Prez

Scott Hays sphcusmokefree at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 15 08:15:08 CDT 2005

More CU Smokefree activities and events

URGENT: We really need more volunteers to sign up to help with the Farmer's Market THIS SATURDAY! So please email me AND Nikki Hillier and volunteer for a one or two hour shift.

For lunch or dinner TODAY please consider eating at NED KELLY'S RESTAURANT on 1601 North Cunningham in Urbana.  This is our C-U SMOKEFREE FUNDRAISER and if you mention CU Smokefree, you get 10% off, plus 10% of your bill will be donated to our cause.  And if you like, you can make an additional donation at the CU Smokefree table.

THIS WEDNESDAY is our regular CU Smokefree weekly meeting.  Please cone out to Parkland College room L-159 and help us out as we approach the SEPTEMBER 13 STUDY SESSION!  The meeting is at 5:30 and we will get another Subway sandwich tray and drinks.

THIS SATURDAY we will again be setting up our display tent at the URBANA FARMER'S MARKET. We really need some volunteers. So as you come down to get your fresh produce, please volunteer to help us out at the tent for an hour or two.  We need people from 6:30 am (to help set up) through noon and take-down.

And MOST IMPORTANTLY, put the SEPTEMBER 13 STUDY SESSION ON YOUR CALENDAR. Come to CHAMPAIGN CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS at 7 pm.  Tell your friends, and forward the announcement of the study session to all other groups and interested others you know.  We need a VERY strong showing for that meeting!!

As usual, thank you for your support!

We'll see you this afternoon or evening, and

CU Smokefree!
Prez Scott

217-778-2645
sphcusmokefree at yahoo.com