[C-U Smokefree] Dates this week

Scott Hays sphcusmokefree at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 11:58:18 CST 2005

Hi to all CU Smokefree supporters!

Just a reminder that this is a busy week for the local elections and for CU Smokefree!

Tonight at 7 is a League of Women Voters sponsored candidate forum at the Champaign City Council Chambers.  The candidates are going to field a smokefree policy question - provided by us, of course.

Tomorrow, join us again for smokefree happy hour at the Blind Pig.  I plan on being there from a little after 5 til about 6.

Wednesday is our regular meeting, this time at Civitas on Main Street in Urbana.

And Thursday is our jointly-sponsored candidate form at Douglass Branch Library at which candidates will probably address the smokefree issue in even more depth.

Further details and directions for all of these events can be found on our website, our just drop me an email.

In addition, we will be assembing mailings, phone-banking and canvassing for Matt Varble's campaign through the election.  Let us know if you can help out.

Also - I've got a brand new email address:

sphcusmokefree at yahoo.com

But I can still be reached at others, including:

sphays at cu-smokefree.org

I hope you can make it to any or all of these events this week - and I'll see you there!

C-U Smokefree!

Scott Hays
President
CU Smokefree Alliance