[C-U Smokefree] Community Forum May 11

Scott Hays sphcusmokefree at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 22:56:52 CDT 2005

Greetings to all of our supporters!

What: Community Forum on a Smokefree ordinance for
Champaign and Urbana

Where: Champaign City Council Chambers

When: May 11: 7-9 pm

This is the Forum we have been waiting for, folks, and
everyone who calls themselves a supporters is REQUIRED
to attend (not really, but I would if I could!)

Many people have put a lot of time, effort and money
into preparing for this event, including an 8th grade
youth group from Franklin Middle School, our
co-sponsor.  We have invited all of the council
members from Champaign and Urbana, all 361 of our
dining and drinking establishments, every community
organization who is a supporter, and all of the
citizens of Champaign and Urbana.

We will have a few scheduled speakers and
presentations to start things off, and then have "open
mic" to begin a community-wide dialog on this
important issue.

We need as many CU Smokefree supporters to be there as
we can, so PLEASE mark your calendars and come down -
even if you have to come late or have to leave early.
Our format should be very open.  And it should be a
very interesting event and a very interesting evening.

And if you would like to be among the scheduled
speakers, let me know in advance.  If not, please
attend anyway knowing that you can speak if you choose
to or just sit on the sidelines and watch.

Whether you can make it or not, I want EVERYONE to
print and post at least one event flyer wherever you
can - workplace, local restaurant, or wherever.  The
event flyers are readily available as a PDF file on
our website: www.cu-smokefree.org

Also, please forward the announcement of this event to
as many people (and lists) that you are aware of who
might be supportive  We really need a strong turnout
to show that the citizens of C-U really do care about
thier health and about second-hand smoke.

Thank you, as always, for your support!

CU Smokefree!

Scott Hays
President