[C-U Smokefree] Updates from the Prez

Scott Hays sphcusmokefree at yahoo.com
Tue May 10 22:06:10 CDT 2005

Hi to all of our community supporters,

I would like to take this opportunity to again stress the importance of each of your attendance at tomorrow night's community forum.  The forum will be televised for rebroadcast on Urbana Public TV (but not broadcast live).  We have a good line-up and we are encouraging all community members to attend tomorrow.

We have been the recipients of lots of support on this, chiefly from Kathy Drea and the ALA in Springfield.  They have suppported us to run an ad that has been appearing in the News-Gazette since Sunday and will run through tomorrow.  Look for it in the C section of each paper - they are VERY good ads. Every day is something different, so collect all 4!

There was a letter to the editor in today's News-Gazette from Ian Kunkel, one of the students in the Engaging Youth for Positive Change program at Franklin.  We are very proud of these students and look forward to hearing from them tomorrow night.

I have been doing some interviews you should look for.  Today I did a radio interview with Carol Vorel at WDWS/AM 1400 which she is going to use to promote the forum.  Also I had a long interview with Mike Monson at the News-Gazette for a story that should appear soon.

You may have noticed an article in this week's "Buzz" by Seth Fein.  I have written a letter in reply which is due out this Thursday.  Look for it in the back "classified" section.  The Editor of the Buzz has suggested doing a story on us in a few weeks.

As a final promotional push for the Forum tomorrow night, we are asking members to call in to Penny for your Thoughts on AM 1400 with Jim Turpin tomorrow morning between 9 am and 10:50.  The studio line is 356-9397. You can send an email through www.wdws.com.

And I hope to see all of you tomorrow night - your participation is vital to our cause! Please come out and see what smokefree is all about!  We promise a highly entertaining evening.

CU Smokefree!

Prez Scott

CU Smokefree Alliance
www.cu-smokefree.org