[C-U Smokefree] Updates from the Prez

Scott Hays sphcusmokefree at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 7 08:31:58 CST 2005

Greetings!

A few quick updates in light of the News-Gazette article from last Friday (see the website for a link: www.cu-smokefree.org) As you may know, Marci will abstain, and she was a key link (albeit a weak one) in our supporters' coalition.

So Giraldo will be holding off for now, and we will be directing our attention to Urbana.  Giraldo remains ready to introduce the ordinance when the time is right. We are thinking of holding a press conference on GASO (Great American Smoke Out) day, Thursday, Nov. 17.

Therefore, we are going before Urbana Council TONIGHT during open-mic time.

Where: Urbana Council Chambers, Vine St.
When: TONIGHT
Time: 7:30 pm

All Urbana supporters should try to make an effort to come down to Urbana Council Chambers.  We understand that open mic period is at the beginning of the meeting, and we should be able to go home after that period, unless people would like to stay to see government in action (and, yes, there is a space between those two words).

Also, we will be having our regular meeting this week as well:

Where: Parkland College, Rm. L159
When: Wednesday, Nov. 9, 5:30 pm

As usual, refreshements and Subway sandwiches will be provided - please join us!

Feel free to contact me with questions, comments or concerns,

Thanks, and
CU Smokefree!

Scott
The Prez