[C-U Smokefree] Join me in urging U.S. ratification of the global tobacco treaty!

George Carlisle carlisle at soltec.net
Wed Jul 12 11:45:10 CDT 2006

Dear Friend,

This week, thousands of public health and corporate
accountability advocates from around the world are gathering in
Washington, DC for the 13th World Conference on Tobacco or
Health. One of the major topics of discussion will be the global
tobacco treaty which has now been ratified by more than 130
countries around the world, but not the U.S.

It's a shame that even though Washington is hosting this
preeminent health conference, our government is still out of
step with the rest of the world and has not yet ratified the
global tobacco treaty--the world's first public health and
corporate accountability treaty.

Since the treaty is currently stalled in the State Department,
Corporate Accountability International is calling on Secretary
of State Condoleezza Rice to urge President Bush to submit the
treaty for ratification by the U.S. Senate immediately. I've
already sent my email to Secretary Rice, but to make a
difference, we need to build sustained public pressure. Please
email Secretary Rice and urge her to advance U.S. ratification
of the global tobacco treaty, and then tell your friends about
it!

It's easy! Just click the link below to get started. It only
takes a minute. Thanks!
http://www.stopcorporateabusenow.org/campaign/globaltobaccotreaty112005?rk=_11cu1d1zR7FW