[C-U Smokefree] Enforcement plan in place for smoking ban

Daniel Lewart lewart at cu-smokefree.org
Thu Jul 20 13:41:53 CDT 2006

C-U Smokefree Alliance,

1) Enforcement plan in place for smoking ban:
	http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2006/07/20/enforcement_plan_in_place_for_smoking_ban
   "With only 11 days to go before Urbana restaurants must become
   smoke-free, the city and the Champaign-Urbana Public Health District
   have reached a tentative agreement on how they'll jointly enforce the
   smoking ban."

2) Two more to apply for city council vacancy:
	http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2006/07/20/two_more_to_apply_for_city_council_vacancy
   * Garrett Anderson: "I believe what the city council did was in the
     best interests of the people, and there's other issues we need to
     deal with now."
   * "[Bill] Glithero said he doesn't want to revisit the smoking ban,
     but said he would have voted against it, as Ennen did, if he was on
     the council at the time."

3) Finely aged - A history of bars in Champaign-Urbana:
	http://www.thehubweekly.com/cover/index.php?id=51
   "The upcoming smoking ban may affect the business of all the bars,
   however, and many of the owners aren't shy about telling you that."

C-U Smokefree!
Dan
http://www.cu-smokefree.org/