[C-U Smokefree] Mon May 8 7pm Urbana City Council Committee of the Whole meeting

Daniel Lewart lewart at cu-smokefree.org
Mon May 8 15:20:36 CDT 2006

C-U Smokefree Alliance,

On Mon May 8, 2006, Matt Varble wrote:

> > Urbana is going to discuss the smokefree ordinance for this evening.
> > Everyone needs to attend.

> It's a committee of the whole meeting...so it's not a final decision as
> of yet....But they are having a hearing.

Tonight's agenda:
	http://www.city.urbana.il.us/urbana/city_council/agendas/Agenda_05-08-2006.html
	 4. Public Input
	10. Discussion: No-Smoking Ordinance

I called Dennis.  He doesn't think the city legal staff will have an
ordinance ready.  However, we should have at least a few folks in
attendance.  I will speak during the Public Input and if we have one
or two other Urbana residents speak I think that would be fine.

If you would like to send me talking points, please do.

C-U Smokefree!
Dan
http://www.cu-smokefree.org/