[C-U Smokefree] ACT NOW for Smokefree Champaign-Urbana!

Daniel Lewart lewart at cu-smokefree.org
Mon May 15 05:07:14 CDT 2006

C-U Smokefree Alliance,

If you want Champaign and Urbana to finally become smokefree,
NOW is the time to ACT!  If you are happy with the status quo,

In the past few months, Springfield, Normal, and Bloomington have all
passed strong smokefree laws.  Champaign City Council will be voting
on a smokefree ordinance Tue May 16 7pm and Urbana City Council
Mon May 22 7pm.  We expect the Champaign vote to be very close:
	http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2006/05/13/survey_shows_deadlock_on_smoking_ban_in_champaign

Here is what you can do to push for a smokefree Champaign:

1) If you are a Champaign resident, contact Champaign City Council:
	http://www.ci.champaign.il.us/directory/page.php?pn=contact_us_mayorcouncil
   or email them all:
	Council at ci.champaign.il.us
   Be sure to include your full name and street address.

2) Attend the Tue May 16 7pm meeting at the Champaign City Building,
   102 N Neil St.  We are last on the agenda.  We need to have
   a huge turnout.  Bring something to read, since we
   might be there a while.

3) Encourage your friends to do #1 and/or #2.

There is more information on our web page:
	http://www.cu-smokefree.org/

You CAN make a difference.

Thank you and C-U Smokefree!
Daniel Lewart