[C-U Smokefree] VICTORY!

Kathleen Gary ksgcusmokefree at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 08:09:48 CDT 2006

Correction: Rosales, Bruno, Jackson, Dodds, and Pirok voted in favor!!

  Ennen opposed!  I'm sure this was a simple oversight... it was a very long night.  But we were rewarded for our efforts!  Great work everyone!

  My thanks to all of those individuals who showed up at the meeting and even further to those who spoke in support of this issue.  We all look forward to August 1st!

  Kathy G.

Scott P Hays <sphays at ad.uiuc.edu> wrote:
  Starting August 1, we heartily welcome one and all to a SMOKEFREE CHAMPAIGN!!

The council voted 5-4 in a nail-biter of a meeting.

Rosales, Bruno, Ennen, Dodds and Pirok voted in favor. Be sure to thank them all profusely.

McIntosh, LaDue, Mayor Schweighart, and in a most embarrassing display, public health teaching nurse Kathy Ennen voted against.

I'm sure you'll hear lots more in the coming days.

I'm on Ch. 3 Morning Show tomorrow at 6:50.

CU Smokefree this August!!

The Prez