[C-U Smokefree] FREE T-shirt at Urbana Council meeting

Scott P Hays sphays at ad.uiuc.edu
Wed May 31 22:25:10 CDT 2006

WE NEED YOU!!

As a gesture of appreciation, support and solidarity, we are all asking for YOUR participation at next week's Urbana council meeting for the final smokefree ordinance vote.

You may be thinking that the hard work is over and that all is a foregone conclusion.  And we are in fact very confident in the support of a majority of the members of the Urbana Council.  But we here at CU Smokefree believe that we have a pressing need to undue the perception of the imbalance of the opposition being led primarily by the News-Gazette.  We need to show our council members just how much our community supports clean indoor air and how much we appreciate them for casting this vote.

So if at all possible, please show your support by attending the June 5 Urbana council meeting for this one FINAL VOTE on C-U's new smokefree ordinance.

All who attend will be given a free "Everyone Deserves Clean Indoor Air" T-shirt - that we expect you to put on at the meeting.

The meeting begins at 7pm, so try to arrive early for the best seats.

The Urbana City Hall is at 400 N. Vine in Urbana.  You can park at Lincoln Square across the street.

We sincerly hope you can make it!

CU Smokefree!

Scott
The Prez