[C-U Smokefree] Buzz Magazine: Green Street Cafe

john martirano johnmartirano at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 16:56:29 CDT 2006

i think the closing of hookah bars will be the one flaw with these ordinances...
its hard to imagine an exception that wouldnt just createa loophole
(esquire  and blind pig would quickly proclaim themselves cigar
bars)... but id like to see an exemption for the 2 hookah bars in
town, for hookah smoking only... they are the only businesses that can
honestly proclaim their biz model to be in jeapordy... and they do
provide an alternative to other bars

that said, im really looking forward to the ban, as a regular patron
of the downtown scene, i regularly develop a sorethroat after a long
weekend out with friends at overly smokey bars... when i do catch a
cold, i think smokey bars are the major cause...

john