[C-U Smokefree] Smoking ban hurts C-U bars, businesses

Dennis Lewart lewart at cu-smokefree.org
Thu Feb 8 13:54:01 CST 2007

C-U Smokefree Alliance,

Smoking ban hurts C-U bars, businesses:
	http://www.dailyillini.com/news/2007/02/08/News/Smoking.Ban.Hurts.CU.Bars.Businesses-2705730.shtml

"I never did buy into the science that was presented at some of the
meetings on the effects of secondhand smoke," Schweighart said. "I don't
think it's ever been proven that there have been any deaths from
secondhand smoke."

Good comments at end.
Thank Your For Not Smoking:
	http://www.readbuzz.com/news/2007/02/08/Intro/Thank.You.For.Not.Smoking-2704347.shtml

"All I'm saying is, in these uncertain times, we are lucky to have a
bunch of pain-in-the-ass busybodies looking out for us."

All I'm saying is that Coulter is an ass clown.
Smoking Ban will come back to haunt us:
	http://www.readbuzz.com/news/2007/02/08/AroundTown/Sniffer.Sheds.Tears.Of.Cake.Batter.Ice.Cream-2704446.shtml

"And while I love being at the bar in a non-smoking environment, I have
to say, after speaking to a couple of bar owners and hearing the word on
the street, this thing is going to end up closing some businesses in
town."

I have to say that Seth is still full of sh-t.
Smoke and Mirrors:
	http://factorfictionblog.com/2007/02/06/smoke-and-mirrors.aspx

"[Chris Knight] makes a classic flawed argument."

Sanity from Ken Pirok.