[C-U Smokefree] Is the smokers' paradise lost?

Daniel Lewart lewart at cu-smokefree.org
Thu Feb 15 14:49:53 CST 2007

C-U Smokefree Alliance,

The DI column below is thoughtful, if somewhat misguided.

The two hysterical Buzz columns are simply pathetic and I apologize if
you waste part of your life reading their crap.  You've been warned.

C-U Smokefree!
Dan
http://www.cu-smokefree.org/
Is the smokers' paradise lost?:
	http://www.dailyillini.com/news/2007/02/15/OpinionColumns/Is.The.Smokers.Paradise.Lost-2721479.shtml

"In a sense, I'm in support of all the smoking bans virally spreading
across the country. It's not really fair to impose my habit on others,
even if it is just a matter of inconvenience for them. But it's also a
matter of health. So at the end of the day, I'm glad I can't smoke in
restaurants and bars most of the time."

Does smoke-free make bars people-free?:
	http://www.readbuzz.com/home/news/2007/02/15/Intro/Does-SmokeFree.Make.Bars.PeopleFree-2720174.shtml

"I'm aware this is two weeks in a row of me ranting about the smoking
ban and it's not particularly funny."

Smoke-Free Update:
	http://www.readbuzz.com/home/news/2007/02/15/AroundTown/Sniffer.Finds.Love.In.Obamas.Choices-2720232.shtml

"I am proud to say that I am not a member of their organization - and if
you are a member, you ought to suggest rearranging the focus of your
rhetoric, Sniff it, creeps."

Drop in smoking means less tax revenue:
	http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070215/ap_on_re_us/smokers__money

Smoker who caused Bardstown fire unknown:
	http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070215/NEWS01/70215035