[C-U Smokefree Announce] Re: [C-U Smokefree] keeping it smoke-free

Greg Ryan glryan at ameritech.net
Wed Jan 31 13:22:06 CST 2007

I would echo Mr. Smyth's comments about supporting smokefree City Council members in the upcoming City of Champaign primary and general election. It's my understanding that there is going to be an active campaign to defeat those members by anti-smokefree activists. All it would take would be defeat  only one smokefree council member. There's no doubt that if one of those council members are defeated either in the primary or general election the Mayor and his cohorts will attempt to repeal the smokefree ordinance. They would probably be successful since they already have four solid votes to repeal the ordinance. Please urge your City of Champaign friends and relatives to vote in both the primary and general election for pro smokefree candidates.

                                                Greg Ryan