[C-U Smokefree] Fwd: Tell the Governor to Sign Smoke-Free Illinois TODAY

George Carlisle carlisle at soltec.net
Fri Jun 8 15:10:02 CDT 2007

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Katie Neisen <katie.neisen at heart.org>
To: George Carlisle <carlisle at soltec.net>
Sent: Friday, June 8, 2007 11:41:57 AM GMT-0600
Subject: Tell the Governor to Sign Smoke-Free Illinois TODAY

Dear George,
Thanks to the letters you sent to your state senator and state representative, Senate Bill 500 has passed both the Illinois House and Senate. Now we need your help once again to encourage Governor Blagojevich to sign the bill into law.

CLICK HERE to e-mail Governor Blagojevich today!

This is a major milestone in saving lives across Illinois and your immediate action is requested.

The comprehensive state-wide clean indoor ordinance would prohibit smoking in all indoor public places and work places, including restaurants and bars. There are NO EXEMPTIONS for bars, restaurants, clubs or lodges.

Secondhand smoke is the third leading cause of preventable death in this country. Secondhand smoke causes heart disease, cancer, stroke, emphysema, and numerous other illnesses and is the top trigger for asthma attacks in children and adults. In addition, health experts agree that ventilation alternatives do not address the adverse health effects of secondhand smoke.

We look forward to your help in securing Smoke-Free Illinois. CLICK HERE  to e-mail the Governor and ask for his signature for SB 500.

Sincerely,
Katie Neisen
American Heart Association

Click here to unsubscribe.