[C-U Smokefree] Action Alert Part II

Scott Hays sphcusmokefree at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 18:04:14 CDT 2007

Action Alert Follow-up!

Based on my drive-around, our candidates would seem to
be losing the yard sign war in Champaign. For anyone
who doesn't realize it, yard signs are a no-cost (to
us), and highly effective means of getting our
candidate's names out there. While some find them
annoying, they are proven to WIN ELECTIONS, especially
local ones.

PLEASE if you live in Champaign, particularly on a
high visibility street, volunteer to have a yard sign
as an attractive lawn ornament (that also makes a
political statement) for the next few weeks (or you
could even volunteer to only have the sign up for one
or two weeks before the election if you prefer).  You
can choose your favorite candidate or candidates.  And
if you know people who live in Champaign, encourage
them to do so.  Even high-visibility locations in
Urbana near to the Champaign border would be fine.
There is nothing to require Champaign Election yard
signs stay within Champaign city limits.

To get a yard sign, you can contact me at
sphays at cu-smokefree.org or the candidates directly
through their websites, which are linked on our
website www.cu-smokefree.org.

ALSO, we need to keep this issue on the Editorial Page
of the News-Gazette from now until the election- you
can conveniently submit your letter (250 word max)
online at http://www.news-gazette.com/editorial/ or
visit our website.

DO NOT WAIT to submit a letter to the last week since
editorial letters are often backlogged up to a week to
10 days before printing.

Also, spread the word to others to submit a letter to
the editor as well.  It need not be lengthy or even
especially elegantly worded, so anyone can be a
letter-writer!

And don't forget to print and distribute our fabulous
voter information cards, available as a PDF on our
website. If possible, print to heavy paper or card
stock.

We need you now more than ever! Please help us to
continue to...

C-U Smokefree!

Scott Hays
President