[C-U Smokefree] C Illinois Smokefree!!

Scott P Hays sphays at ad.uiuc.edu
Tue May 1 15:57:32 CDT 2007

Hi to all!

Looks like we'll soon see Illinois Smokefree!

The Comprehensive Statewide Smokefree law just passed the Illinois House
73-42-1.

This is truly an AMAZING accomplishment, especially our V E R Y  W I D E
margin of victory.

This bill has already passed the Senate, and now only awaits the
Governor's signature.

And based on an earlier posting, the Governor is indicating support,
too.

So thanks to all who have worked so hard and so long in so many ways.

I am very honored to have been some part of this effort,

This is truly a day that will make tobacco history!

C-U Smokefree, Illinois!

The Prez,

Scott