[C-U Smokefree] Now, for my next trick...

Scott Hays sphcusmokefree at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 11:54:11 CDT 2008

As if passing a smokefree ordinance with 8 to 1 odds
against us wasn't enough for me, I was just slated by
the Champaign County Democratic Party to run for
Champaign County Board, District 1. Arguably, the most
heavily Republican district on the board (the mostly
rural Northwest corner of the county, including
Mahomet). For those of you who don't know, I live on
the Sangamon River just northeast of Mahomet now.

I am just now crafting my strategy and assembling my
campaign team.  Certainly if any of you are interested
in helping me out in any way, just let me know via
this email address. I'll be establishing a new
campaign email address next, and I'll pass that along
through this list, and then I promise that I won't use
this particular list for any more personal
electioneering. And of course, I would happily accept
your financial support as well!

As for smoking, I understand Champaing County just
saved 15 grand by eliminating smoking shelters from
county buildings. I hate to sound uncaring, but
nonetheless I say: happy budget cutting! I suppose
getting wet and soggy is probably the least of most of
smokers' health concerns anyway.

Wish me luck!

Scott
Your (still fearless) President